Febraury 24, 2018


     I slept horribly last night. I did not fall asleep until after midnight. I was woken up by someone being very loud in the kitchen. I woke up around 8:30 feeling very tired. I had bought a “half” non-stick pan yesterday and was really hoping that it would work when I cooked eggs. It didn’t Don’t get me wrong, it was much better than the other pan that I was using but still I was not satisfied. Why don’t they use or have cooking spray here? I finished breakfast and I headed out to go meet people for lunch that were interested in going to Malta and Italy with me.

            I arrived a few minutes early and no one was there. I texted in the group message that I was there and asked if anyone else was there but no one responded. Probably around 12:10 a girl showed up. She said her other friend would be arriving shortly so we went inside the café. Her name is Isabel and she is from Portugal. Her friend Joana arrived within the next 15 minutes. Joana is also from Portugal. They are both 19 years old and are very nice. They speak perfect English but are just starting to learn German. We had lunch, sharing a nacho plate and I had an Apfelstreudel. I was not really impressed with this.

            Both Juana and Isabel are interested in the trip but do not know if they can fully commit because their friends might come to visit them in Austria. I wish they could tell me now if they can come or not. This trip would begin a month from now and I need to start booking flights and Airbnbs. We all decided to go to Kahlenberg, which is outside the city center. It is a mountain that gives you a beautiful view of Vienna. The view was beautiful even though there was gray skies. I was surprised that it was colder on the ground than it was up on this mountain. I had a great time up here and both Juana and Isabel were fun to hang out with. We took the bus back down the mountain and headed back to the café. I had left my winter hat there by accident. I asked the man in he had found a hat and he found it instantly. They had put it behind their counter. I was very thankful for this. All three of us then tried to find a café to get some hot chocolate before I had to meet my buddy. We went into one café that was supposed to resemble the inside of a grandma’s house. A lady working in that café said that they were booked with reservations for the next two weeks. Who makes reservations for a café?? And for two weeks?? People don’t even do that for restaurants. I guess it must be popular. We went to another café that Isabel had been to before. It was a bookstore café and was interesting. There were no seats so we kind of just stood in the middle of the café until someone left. By this time, there is no way that I could order and get my drink in time and not be late to meet my buddy. So, I left the girls and we made plans to meet tomorrow and go through an art museum.

            I was to meet my buddy at the Opera house. I had no problems finding him. He was very nice and took me to the tourist office to get some maps. It was freezing out so he did not show me around. We went to the McDonalds café and he answered my questions and showed me stuff on the map. This was helpful. He was nice but not super friendly. He was very Austrian. Its hard to describe. We met for about an hour and then he went home. By this time, I was hungry and tired and I was glad to go. I cannot stand this weather and want summer now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 28, 2018

February 20, 2018